There’s a new standard for business email. The old standard doesn’t support the way business is done today. To meet users’ basic requirements, businesses these days require 24/7 email uptime, complete mobile freedom, a half-dozen adjacent technologies, and protection against unprecedented levels of threat.
This is why email is moving to the cloud: a cloud email provider can offer far more functionality, reliability and protection than you could affordably deliver on-premises.
But not all clouds are created equal. Office 365 is the best example: while it does address the shortcomings of the old on-premises server and meets the needs of the most cost-sensitive businesses, it doesn’t address the requirements of the New Standard.
Capital savings and ROI benefits
- Avoid capital expenditure. There’s no hardware to buy or software to license, so you don’t need to sink your capital into on-premise infrastructure.
- Make your costs more predictable. Lucas IT Solution’s let you consolidate your expenses into simple, monthly per-user fees.
- Reduce your opportunity costs. By freeing your IT staff from maintenance, they’ll be able to stay focused on the value they add to your business.
- Lower your power and Internet bills. With less need for on-premise servers, you’ll use less bandwidth and lower your electric bills.
- Improve your revenue per square foot. Shifting servers into the cloud frees up the real estate you’ve dedicated to on-premise hardware.
Security and business continuity benefits
- Ensure the reliability of your systems. Our datacenters possess extensive electrical redundancies, multiple Internet connections and comprehensive data backup strategies.
- Keep your business data safe. Our datacenters far exceed the physical security standards most businesses could achieve on their own.
- Protect yourself from digital threats. Beyond our anti-spam and anti-malware tools, we monitor our network 24/7 to protect your data and services.
- Simplify business continuity. Your company data can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, which simplifies disaster planning and recovery.
IT and business agility benefits
- Extend Fortune 500-style communication and collaboration tools. Empower your people with the latest and most powerful business software.
- Stay secure and up-to-date. We perform upgrades and patches to keep you current without any effort on your part.
- Make your company more mobile. You can access your cloud via desktop apps, the web, or with iOS, Android, Blackberry and other devices.
- Synchronize data across different devices. A user’s work on one device is automatically synced across every other device.
- Develop a hybrid cloud solution. We offer tools for maintaining elements of your infrastructure on-premises, if you choose to do so.
- Add users and services on the fly. It’s simple to scale your business to bring on new employees, locations, and tools for doing business.
- Use your current website address as your email. Look more professional using a company domain as email. No more @gmail.com!!!
Essential Elements of Business Email
The benefits of moving to the cloud will be lost if your new service doesn’t meet the New Standard of Business Email. Here’s what you need.